Share a book that explores how objects and events can be ordered according to attributes such as size, number or when they occur.
As you read, look for opportunities to:
- reinforce language that indicates position (for example, first, last, next, one before, one after)
- ask questions about how items have been ordered and how they could be ordered differently (ordering by size versus ordering by quantity).
Try these examples or find your own. Let us know if you find a great book to engage children in ordering.
- The Little Red Hen by Golden Books
- The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears